This nutrient packed vegetarian salad, made with simple, wholesome ingredients is extraordinarily delicious!USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Roasted Vegetable and White Bean Salad
- Baking tray
- SALAD –
- 1 bunch young carrots rainbow if possible, peeled
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 small head romanesco
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed, outer leaves removed, and halved (quartered if very large)
- 2 cups cooked white beans such as gigante, butter, cannellini, or navy beans, liquid reserved
- 4 ounces Feta cheese broken into large crumbles
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves and tender stems about 1 bunch
- 1 cup loosely packed dill fronds stems removed (about 1 large bunch)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves about 1 small bunch
- Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe below
- RED WINE VINAIGRETTE –
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the vegetables and salad:
- Place oven racks in lower middle and upper middle positions. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve Brussels sprouts through the stems, then place in a large bowl. Toss with enough oil to coat, about 3 tablespoons. Season with salt and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the carrots in the same large bowl and toss, adding more oil as needed to coat. Season with salt and place in a single layer on a second baking sheet.
- Lightly trim the root end of the cauliflower and romanesco, then cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices through the root. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons oil onto another baking sheet and lay slices in a single layer, keeping cauliflower on one side of the pan and romanesco on the other side. Avoid overcrowding the vegetables—they should not touch. (If needed use another pan for overflow.)
- Place vegetables into oven and cook until tender and caramelized, about 26 to 30 minutes. Check on the vegetables after about 12 minutes. Rotate the pans and switch their positions to ensure even browning.
- When the roasted vegetables are brown on the outside and completely tender when pierced with a knife, remove them from the oven. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Reserving the cooking liquid, drain beans and place into large bowl. Dress with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette and season with salt and 1 teaspoon za’atar. Add a little bean liquid to make it juicy. Taste and adjust dressing and seasoning as needed.
- To assemble salad, layer cauliflower, romanesco, carrots, and Brussels sprouts on a large platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette, sprinkle with za’atar, then spoon beans over vegetables. Sprinkle with large crumbles of feta. In a medium bowl, lightly dress cilantro, dill, and mint with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and salt. Place atop salad and serve immediately.
- For the Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl or jar, let the shallot sit in the vinegar for 15 minutes, then add the olive oil, a generous pinch of salt, and a small pinch of pepper. Stir or shake to combine, then taste with one of the vegetables and adjust salt and acid as needed. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.