In this Thai-style dish, tender bites of shrimp, chickpeas, and zucchini are cooked alongside a flavourful mix of sweet coconut milk, spicy curry paste, and savoury dried shiitake mushroomsUSE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Spicy Shrimp and Vegetable Curry
- 10 oz Tail-On Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1¾ cups Light Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 Shallot
- ½ oz Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Place the mushrooms in a medium bowl; add 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Set aside to rehydrate at least 10 minutes.
- Wash and dry the zucchini; quarter lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels; remove the tails. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions
- While the rice cooks, in a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
- 1Add the zucchini pieces in an even layer; season with salt and pepper.
- 1Cook, without stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- 1Wipe out the pan.
- 1While the rice continues to cook, reserving the mushroom water, transfer the rehydrated mushrooms to a cutting board; roughly chop.
- 1In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
- 1Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic and sliced shallot.
- 1Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until slightly softened.
- 1Add as much of the curry paste as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be.
- 1Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined.
- 1Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, and reserved mushroom water.
- 2Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 2Once boiling, cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 7 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 2Add the seasoned shrimp.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until the liquid is thickened and the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- 2Add the browned zucchini to the pan.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until combined and heated through.
- 2Turn off the heat and stir in the vinegar.
- 2Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 2Serve the finished curry with the cooked rice.