This recipe is for a spinach and feta frittata, but to be honest you can substitute ½ a cup of any veggies you like for the spinach. You could try ½ a cup of chopped broccoli, mushrooms, red capsicum or even delicious chunks of fresh asparagus.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Spinach and Feta Frittata
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ small brown onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 250 g baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Using a non-stick frying pan that you can put under the grill, heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until just starting to brown. Add the spinach and toss for a minute or two until it begins to wilt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add in the cooled spinach and onion, and then the feta. Season to taste.
- Put your frying pan back on a medium heat and add the eggs. Stir gently with a spatula until you feel the egg start to set on the bottom. Turn off the heat so the frittata stays quite runny.
- Place your frying pan under the grill for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the frittata is golden and cooked all the way through (check with a fork.)
- Place a plate over the pan and turn over quickly but carefully to release the frittata. Serve hot or cold with a crispy side salad.