A pureed sweet potato soup that is hearty enough to enjoy for dinner. Made with roasted red peppers and sweet potatoes.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Roasted red pepper and sweet potato soup
- Baking tray
- Food processor
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon avocado or grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Arrange the peppers on 1 or 2 parchment or foil-lined baking sheets.
- Roast for 40 minutes, or until the skins are wrinkled and charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow them to cool and collapse (about 20-30 minutes).
- Remove the stems, skins, and seeds from the peppers; chop the peppers roughly and set them aside until you’re ready to use.
- They can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Heat the oil or water in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is soft and clear.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- 1Add the sweet potato, broth, and salt.
- 1Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 1Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- 1Add the roasted peppers to the pot.
- 1Use a blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
- 1Transfer the soup back to the pot and heat gently.
- 1If the soup is thicker than you’d like, add some extra broth or water to achieve a desired consistency.
- 1Add the lime juice and crushed red pepper to taste; taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.