Nourish your body with this welcoming salad complete with a warming ginger dressing. Lentils provide a fabulous source of protein and the beet adds that splash of colour.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Lentil, Beetroot and Hazelnut Salad
- For the salad: –
- 1 cup lentils rinsed
- 2 3/4 cup filtered water
- Sea salt
- 3 cooked beetroot cut into small cubes
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 Tbs hazelnuts roughly chopped
- A handful of fresh mint roughly chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley roughly chopped
- For the ginger dressing: –
- 3/4 inch cube of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the lentils, put them in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil the reduce the heat and simmer for about 15–20 minutes, or until all the liquid has evaporated and the lentils are not mushy and still with a bite.
- As soon as the lentils are cooked transfer them to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Once the lentils are cool, add the beetroot, spring onions, hazelnuts and herbs and stir until everything is combined.
- For the dressing, put the ginger, mustard, oil and vinegar in a bowl and, using a hand-held blender, blend until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.