There are some serious nutritional powerhouses at play in this thick vegan stew. Perfect for a cold winter evening, this is the ultimate comfort food dish.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Red Lentil and Squash Curry Stew
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp good quality curry powder or more to taste
- 4 cups low sodium broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups butternut squash cooked
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Fresh grated ginger to taste (optional)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add Extra virgin olive oil and chopped onion and minced garlic. Sautee for about 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Stir in curry powder and cook another couple minutes. Add broth and lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked butternut squash and spinach. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and add some freshly grated ginger to taste.