Hummus is naturally high in good fat because of its sesame seed (Tahini) and olive oil content. It is versatile and easily stored in the fridge, making it an easy addition to your diet. Hummus is great served with carrot sticks or oat cakes as a snack, as a base in a wrap or crispbread for lunch, or on top of a salad.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
- Food processor
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini sesame seed paste; optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.