This is fantastic served with creamy coconut yoghurt and fresh berries, but it also tastes amazing mixed into a smoothie bowl or sprinkled over stewed fruit!USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Buckwheat and Ginger Granola
- Sauce pan
- Baking tray
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 11/2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup apple puree/sauce
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 20 g fresh ginger
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C
- Then place the oats, buckwheat and seeds into a large mixing bowl and stir well
- Next add the dates, coconut oil and apple puree into a sauce pan and allow them to simmer for five minutes, until the dates are nice and soft
- While the dates cook peel the ginger and grate it onto a plate, once it’s grated mix it into the date pan.
- When the dates are soft place them (including the melted coconut oil, grated ginger and apple pureinto a blender with the raw cacao powder and blend until the mix is totally smooth. Then pour the mix over the buckwheat, oat and seed mix and stir well so that everything is coated.
- Grease one large or two medium baking trays with coconut oil before spreading the granola out over them
- Place the baking trays in the oven and bake for about forty five minutes. After fifteen minutes remove the trays from the oven and stir everything well so that the top doesn’t burn, then keep doing this every five to ten minutes for the rest of the time it’s in the oven.
- Once it’s nice and crispy, but not burnt, take the granola out of the oven and allow it to cool before placing it in an airtight container to store. In an airtight container it will stay delicious for about a month or so.