The words “healthy” and “Pizza” are not normally words you would associate with each other. But this Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust has around 200 calories and only 10 carbs per serving!USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- Food processor
- Baking tray
- For the Cauliflower Pizza Crust: –
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp back pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cheese cloth
- For the Topping: –
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 package fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Take one head of cauliflower, wash and chop up the florets.
- Place chopped cauliflower in a food processor, pulse for around 30 seconds until cauliflower looks like snow.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes covered. Let it cool before the next step.
- Place cooked cauliflower in a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Add cauliflower to a medium size bowl.
- Add ¼ cup mozzarella, parmesan, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, and garlic salt.
- Stir together.
- Add egg and stir until blended together.
- 1Form cauliflower dough into a ball with your hands and place on parchment paper over a pizza pan.
- 1Spread the dough out to the edges of the pan.
- 1Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- 1Add pizza sauce/or marinara to the cooked cauliflower pizza crust.
- 1Place sliced roma tomatoes, then place basil leaves on top, and add 1 cup Mozzarella.
- 1Bake approximately 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown on the edges.
- 1Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.