Fibre filled brown jasmine rice, chopped spinach, a creamy soft boiled egg, and a splash of hot sauce make a quick, healthy, and delicious breakfast.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Spinach Rice Breakfast Bowls
- 1/2 cup cooked seasoned rice
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- splash of hot sauce
- Place one inch of water in a small sauce pan. Bring it up to a boil over high heat with the lid on top. Once it reaches a full boil, add the egg in the pot, replace the lid, and let boil/steam in the shallow water for exactly six minutes. After six minutes, pour out the hot water, rinse with cool water, then peel immediately.
- While the egg is cooking, add 1/2 cup of precooked seasoned rice to a bowl along with 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach. Microwave on high until heated through (about two minutes, stirring once half way through). Season the spinach and rice with butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the egg is cooked and peeled, add it to the bowl with the spinach rice, drizzle hot sauce over top, and eat.