Get ready for a healthy kick start to your day. This breakfast will fill you up with all the nutrients you will need for a full, productive day.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced orange pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 large eggs see note below
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- butter flavoured cooking spray
- grated cheddar cheese optional
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat spray the non-stick cooking spray. Add to skillet broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, and orange pepper. Saute about 5 minutes until the veggies begin are soft. Add spinach and cook another 2 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- While the veggies are sauteing, in a medium mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Whisk to completely blend the eggs. The longer the eggs are whisked, the fluffier they are when cooked.
- Add the egg mixture to the veggies. Let cook about 1 minute until eggs begin to set. Push the eggs towards the center of the pan and gently fold over. Tilt pan slightly to allow the liquids to cook through. Continue to do this until the eggs are just about set. If adding cheese, do so now. Remove from heat and let rest one minute. Serve and enjoy