If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious dinner the whole family will love, these Italian Stuffed Peppers are it .USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Italian-Style Stuffed Red Peppers
- Non-stick pan
- Baking tray
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 2 cups Spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp Garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach or veggie of choice
- 2 tbs Grated Parmesan cheese plus 6 tbs to garnish over the top of each pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil, coat with non-stick cooking spray. Wash red peppers and cut around the stem to remove.
- Remove the stems.
- Cut peppers in half length-wise and remove the seeds and ribs inside the peppers. Set peppers on baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Stir and break up the chicken while it’s cooking. When chicken is almost completely cooked through, add the sauce and seasonings to the pan. Stir and continue to cook until the chicken is completely cooked (when it is no longer pink). Add the spinach and parmesan and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into each pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 tbs parmesan over each pepper (or another low fat shredded cheese, such as mozzarella).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!!!