This oat porridge with berries recipe as an ode to autumn and uses freshly picked blackberries. It sets you up for a great day ahead.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Oat Porridge with Berries & Pistachios
- 300 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 50 g instant oats
- 50 g fresh blackberries or frozen
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp pistachios crushed
- Place the milk, honey, vanilla and cardamom into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and leave the pot on the hot plate.
- Add the instant oats to the hot milk and give it a quick stir. Let it sit for about 3 minutes.
- Just before serving add the 3 tbsp rolled oats and frozen berries and stir just until combined before pouring into a bowl. I like to add rolled oats just in the end so they absorb the remaining liquid and give the porridge a more pleasant texture.
- Scatter the pistachios on top and drizzle with a bit of maple syrup if you want.