Lentil and Squash Curry with Brown Rice and Broccoli, so simple and uses up ingredients that would normally go to waste.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Lentil & Squash Curry with Brown Rice and Broccoli
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of red thai curry paste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 squash peeled and chopped
- 50 g of red lentils
- 500 ml of veggie or chicken stock
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 150 g of brown rice
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- ½ tsp of garam masala
- ½ lime juiced
- Heat the oil in a pot and add in the onion and sauté for 5 mins then add in the curry paste, cumin, turmeric and garlic. Stir for a minute then add in the squash, a big pinch of sea salt, the lentils and the stock and chopped tomatoes.
- Season, if needed, with another pinch of salt then place the lid on to cook for 40 minutes, stirring every 1If the liquid is cooking away to fast just top up with a splash of water.
- While this is cooking cook your rice as per pack instructions and just before the curry is done steam the broccoli. Once the curry is ready, stir in the garam masala and the lime juice.
- Serve all together.