In this low carbohydrate alternative to traditional wraps , with smoked trout, carrots, cucumbers, tossed in a spicy, sweet, tangy sauce.USE the OMH exclusive code "HEALTH15" to Save 15%
Lettuce Wraps with Smoked Trout
- 2 medium carrots peeled
- 1/2 unpeeled English hothouse cucumber do not remove seeds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced jalapeno chillies with seeds preferably red; about 2 large
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 4.5 ounce skinless smoked trout fillets broken into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whole fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup small whole fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- Using vegetable peeler, shave carrots and cucumber lengthwise into ribbons. Cut ribbons into 3-inch-long sections, then cut sections into matchstick-size strips. Place in large bowl. Add shallots, jalapeños, lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce; let marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add trout pieces and tomatoes to vegetable mixture and toss to blend. Transfer trout-vegetable mixture to large strainer and drain off liquid. Return trout-vegetable mixture to same bowl; add mint and basil and toss to blend.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter. Divide trout-vegetable salad among lettuce leaves. Drizzle sweet chili sauce over each salad and sprinkle with peanuts.